Save the Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018
We hope you can join us on November 15, 2018 for the Ontario Science Centre's RBC Innovators' Ball. Mark your calendar for an event that supports a bright future for young innovators.
The RBC Innovators' Ball is a unique gala in Toronto that showcases how innovation is impacting our lives through Ted-talk type presentations. Last fall, over 500 business leaders heard from three Canadian visionaries.
You won’t want to miss our inspiring innovation presentations this year!
About the 2017 Ball
The 10th anniversary RBC Innovators’ Ball took place on November 7th, 2017. The event brought together over 500 business leaders for thought-provoking discussion on the future of science, medicine and technology.
Led by event co-chairs, Brett Marchand, Executive Chairman, Cossette and President & CEO of Vision 7 International, and Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada, the event netted a record over $650,000 for the Ontario Science Centre and its vital community access programs.
Guests learned how:
- Kamran Khan MD MPH and his team at BlueDot are tackling the spread of global epidemics using artificial intelligence,
- Brendan Frey PhD FRSC and Deep Genomics work using machine learning to unlock new treatments at the genetic level, and
- Andrea Palmer has developed a wearable tech – Reveal, that monitors and supports those with developmental and neurological disorders in a revolutionary way.
New in 2017, the RBC Innovators’ Ball featured an eAuction with a selection of unique science-themed experiential packages offered this year, including:
- A nine night educational journey for two to the Antarctic Peninsula, with a stay in the exclusive Owner’s Cabin and behind-the-scenes access to the Scientific Research Centre (weather and sea conditions permitting), donated by G Adventures and Air Canada
- An exclusive exhilarating two-hour experience in Air Canada’s world-class full flight simulator - used to train pilots, donated by Air Canada
- An out-of-this-world private dinner (for up to 8 people) with Canada’s first spacewalker, Commander Chris Hadfield, donated by Cmdr Chris Hadfield.
To learn more about the 2017 event, please click here to read our media release.