We hope you can join us on Thursday, November 15, 2018 for the Ontario Science Centre's RBC Innovators' Ball.
Mark your calendar for an event that supports a bright future for young innovators. Our theme this year: From Inception to Innovation.
You won’t want to miss our inspiring innovation presentations this year!
The RBC Innovators' Ball is a unique gala held at the Ontario Science Centre that showcases how innovation is impacting our lives through Ted-talk type presentations. Now in its 11th year, this high-profile gala will bring together over 510 business leaders and raise funds to support the Science Centre and its vital community access programs ensuring that a visit to the Centre is accessible for all members of our community.
Last year guests heard from three Canadian visionaries who are combining artificial intelligence with emerging technologies to re-imagine what’s possible to improve human health:
- Kamran Khan MD MPH and his team at BlueDot are tackling the spread of global epidemics using artificial intelligence,
- Brendan Frey PhD FRSC and Deep Genomics work using machine learning to unlock new treatments at the genetic level, and
- Andrea Palmer has developed a wearable tech – Reveal, that monitors and supports those with developmental and neurological disorders in a revolutionary way. To learn more about the 2017 event, please click here to read our media release.
Some of our past presenters include:
- Natalie Panek, Rocket Scientist and Explorer, MDA Robotics (2016)
- Glen Van Arsdell MD, Head of Cardiovascular Surgery for the Hospital for Sick Children (2016)
- Dr. Sonny Kohli & Robert Kaul, Co-Founders, Cloud DX (2016)
- Stephen Lake, Co-Founder and CEO, Thalmic Labs (2015)
- Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Brown, AsapSCIENCE (2015)